Killa Keem, G “Dot” Fury and I chopped it up for an hour and 12 minutes, discussing a variety of hoops topics.
The Cliff Notes
- I talked about Maryland’s enthralling (but scary) 7-0 start. Fury tried to tell me that Justin Jackson is essentially a non-factor in the eyes of NBA scouts. Maybe he’s right, since North Carolina’s Justin Jackson shows up in almost every inquiry.
- Keem, Fury and I discussed the top college basketball prospects and
who the Dallas Mavericks should pick because they suckohmyGod. This was the first of Fury’s many Oscar Robertson moments.
- I mentioned a potential DeMarcus Cousins‘ deal to my Mavericks. Keem scoffed at it. Fury almost said he’d rather have Bradley Beal than Cousins, but then he sobered up.
- We discussed players NBA teams weren’t “thankful” for. Keem hates Trey Burke.
- We talked about playoff races and NBA MVP candidates. UPDATE: Russell Westbrook is now averaging a triple double.
- We ended talking about Zach LaVine‘s sick dunk(s).